Saturday, February 23, 2008

V. Young-R. Pearson 01.31.08 0-1

Thanks to my gracious opponent I was able to get the score of this game and post it; my original impressions were here. Things get rather crazy at the end...to say the least. Still, one of the more exciting attacking games I've ever played. There is a tactics lesson on each half move starting with White's 25th, but we make a "few" mistakes. He made one more. If I can just play with this kind of attitude, and a good deal more accuracy, I'll really start going places!

4 comments:

transformation said...

how sweet the joy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Francis W. Porretto said...

Yes, there were a few missteps in there, and his was the last one. But that's chess. You should have heard Fetiche yesterday evening. She was in tears for having blundered away a Rook during a mating attack. I tried to tell her we all make mistakes, but she was inconsolable.

Good chess is chess that works: chess that wins won positions, and draws lost ones. Ask Emanuel Lasker. Ask Mikhail Tal. For that matter, ask Fetiche Nouvelle -- but you might want to wait a few days.

Robert Pearson said...

Fran, I couldn't agree more: chess that works! While this one was a win, analyzing this game was a good, humbling experience, that's for sure.